Steps to Certification
You must be a health care practitioner or fitness professional, in good standing with their professional college or association.
Within the last five (5) years you have attended:
McGill 1: Foundation for a pain-free back
McGill 2: Assessment – Converging on a precise diagnosis
McGill 2 master course: Assessment – Converging on a precise diagnosis
McGill 3: High Performance Training – Progressing backs from pain to performance
Check under the ‘courses’ tab for a schedule of upcoming McGill Method courses.
1. Study the content in Dr. Stuart McGill’s Back mechanic, Low Back Disorders (3rd Ed.) and Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance (6th Ed.) textbooks. You must demonstrate competence is interpreting the 9 assessment tests in Back Mechanic together with designing and coaching an appropriate program as a minimum.
2. Take the McGill Method Certification written exam.
3. Take the McGill Method Certification practical exam.
4. Pay your member fees.
If you received a passing grade (≥ 80%), you will become McGill Method Certified. Once your McGill Method Certified member fees are paid, your contact information will be included in the McGill Method Certified database, posted on Backfitpro.com and available to the general public searching for referrals certified McGill Method practitioners.
How to Maintain your Certification
1. Re-examination every 4 years (practical only, there is no cost for this)
2. Pay your annual certification membership fees
McGill Method Certification administered by REDelivery. Please visit https://redelivery.ca for more details.
Certification from Backfitpro Inc. is the only certification recognized by Backfitpro Inc.
A Note From McGill Method Certified Practitioner, Nicola Folino
“Becoming McGill Method Certified has proven to be invaluable both personally and professionally. The process afforded me the confidence and reassurance I needed to impart knowledge and execute appropriate programs to clients suffering from low back pain. It has also provided me with a unique training niche supported by my listing on the Backfitpro website which continues to be a significant source of new clients.”
– Nicola Folino